Questions asked on The Narrow Path Radio Program hosted by Steve Gregg – 8/2/2013 Afternoon Show
Steve was joined by Matt Rose, an associate pastor in upstate New York.
1. Can you explain 1 Timothy 5:24-25 which states “Some men’s sins are clearly evident, preceding them to judgment, but those of some men follow later. Likewise, the good works of some are clearly evident, and those that are otherwise cannot be hidden”?
2. Have you seen the video on Youtube where Billy Graham says that people can go to heaven without Christ? What do you make of that shift?
3. How do you reconcile Old Testament law with the New Testament, given that Jesus says nothing shall pass away from the law? What are your thoughts on Rousas Rushdoony, a Christian Reconstructionalist, and his beliefs? So some of the more corporal punishments in the Old Testament were not just inflicted by the political system but also instructed by the Old Testament, right? When Jesus said that He did not come to destroy the law, how does that fit under the New Covenant when it comes to not following the Old Testament laws anymore? Did Jesus fulfill the Old Testament laws through His death and resurrection?
4. Caller requested some clarifications on the meaning of Psalm 23.
5. Caller requested prayer and asked if Steve knew of any pastors who believed in praying for the sick and anointing with oil?
6. Where in the Bible does it say it is better to have never been born than to be born and go to hell?
7. What are your insights regarding Christians drinking wine or any alcoholic beverages?
8. What are your thoughts about women speaking in the pulpit?
9. What are your thoughts about speaking in tongues; have they ceased or is it possible that it can be done in orderly way as the Apostle Paul writes about?